MAKE YOUR LANEWAY HOUSE ALLERGY PROOF WITH FIVE SIMPLE STEPS
Allergies are often associated with the arrival of spring, but indoor allergy sufferers will often find themselves sniffing and sneezing year-round. The culprit? Indoor allergens such as dust, dust mites and pet hair and dander. So how do you make sure your home is a respite from both seasonal and interior allergens and create a healthy environment for you and your family?
According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, here are the 5 ways to help your home stay clean.
1. Keep it clean. Regularly cleaning your home will go far in reducing allergens such as dust, dust mites and pet dander.
2. Redo your floors. Replacing rugs and carpets with wood or vinyl floorings will help minimize dust and other allergens that become embedded in fabric fibers.
3. Groom your furry friends. Regularly bathing and brushing your pets will help reduce the amount of dander and pet hair in your home.
4. Go on mold patrol. Be on the lookout for any leaks or moisture in your home as this can cause mold to thrive.
5. Remove Carpeting. Traditional wall-to-wall carpeting is notoriously difficult to get and keep clean.